Friday, July 07, 2006

Spice of Life

Midtown Manhattan is full of little deli/salad bars where working stiffs like me compete to throw together a quasi-healthy and quick lunch. But these "Salad" bars don't stop with the mixed greens and baby corn. Oh no my friends, they offer a grandiose assortment of warm, hearty dinner foods, a full array of ethnic cuisines, tempting trays of tantalizing tastiness from all chefs of all cultures.

This is both heaven and hell for an indecisive, hungry food-lover like myself. I end up paying $12 for my teriyaki tofu basil mozzerella sesame salmon avocado mango grilled chicken cous cous Italian sausage spring roll mashed potato babaganoush ravioli and snap pea salad. But it sure does hit the spot.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just had the same salad at whole foods in L.A. you must have stolen my recipe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home