Thursday, February 01, 2007

Diary Thursday - Happy February

It’s the first day of February, which means different things to different people.

Some are hailing the beginning of Black History Month. Others are basking in the excitement of the day before Groundhogs’ Day. To many single people, it starts a two-week scramble to find a date for Valentines’ day.

But for me, February means it’s almost my third favorite day of the year (after to Bay to Breakers and Passover): my birthday. And this year, it means the beginning of COUNT DOWN ‘TILL THIRTY! Join me as I celebrate my last moments as a youngun’ and prepare for impending doom...

25 days and counting.

Let’s spend this Diary Thursday reminiscing over another birthday when I thought my life was about to be over.

Friday, February 24, 1990, 12 years and 364 days old

This is the last day of being a kid! Tomorrow I turn 13! I can’t believe my kiddom is over. Tomorrow I’m having a birthday party with all the relatives and everyone. I’m excited, happy, scared and sad. (Not about the party, about turning 13). On the whole, I don’t want to be a teenager. I miss when I was a kid and had no cares in the world.

Goodbye childhood, I’ll miss you.


Sunday, February 26, 1990, 13 YEARS OLD!!

You know what? Thirteen isn’t that bad. In fact, I like it. But fourteen, yuck, that’s WAY too old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home