Thursday, January 18, 2007

Diary Thursdays - I like him as a friend

Glad to see that all the unrequited loves of my youth were not just on my side. My favorite thing about my old journals is how I change the subject in the middle of a paragraph.

Wednesday, September 12th, 1990, 11:15pm – thirteen-years-old

I have a big problem which is: Nick!!! He wants to see me. What am I gonna do??? I could move to Australia, get fatally, contagiously sick, or get married. In other words, I don’t want to see him. I knew from the start that this “going together” thing at camp was a bad idea.

I just like him as a friend (at most). I guess the only real solution is to dump him, nicely, but really I can’t bear to do it. I don’t mind talking to him on the phone but I’m always worried he’ll try to arrange a date. So every time the phone rings, I pray it’s not Nick. By the way, Dad’s in Louisiana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home