Monday, January 15, 2007

Not just a Boulevard



ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA

A lot of things were backwards before he came along.*


Happy Martin Luther King Day. It’s a holiday that often passes by unnoticed, but one that I like to stop and reflect on. It’s hard to know what’s an appropriate activity to celebrate Martin Luther King Day. Last year I went to an amazing spoken word performance at Youth Speaks. The year before that, I led a March on Washington. No I didn't.

Today I went on a hike in Bear Mountain with Julie and Jeff. The thick white fog was oppressive, but we managed to overcome it and forge through to freedom. Or at least to a lovely hike in the woods.

So, even if you’re not engaging in a traditional Civil Rights activity, you can make it one by reflecting on Doctor Reverend Martin Luther King Junior and all the brave and important work he did. This is what I learned by attending Martin Luther King Junior Junior High for two years.

Here are some pics from the hike.





*I can’t take credit for this concept, I saw it on a poster once many years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home