Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Trivial News

I’m rethinking the CNN idea from yesterday. Why? Because of people like this that make national news by letting their todler play in highway traffic. And then, when informed of their son’s actions, respond: “Oh, he got out again?”

I’m aware that people this negligent exist, I just don’t need to be reminded on a daily basis. It's too depressing.

Jolanka suggested the NY Times, a reputable news source, as my homepage. But I’m debating just going back to The Onion as my main source of world news. Because, at least the idiot people in The Onion aren’t real. This is why I usually don’t make New Year’s Resolutions.

I forgot to mention yesterday why I have a sudden newfound interest in the news. It’s because I played Trivial Pursuit twice over the holiday and was shocked at how little I knew about recent history and politics. I figure that if I stay aware of what’s going on now, I’ll rule the Trivial Pursuits of the decades ahead. So get my wedges ready, oh Trivial competitors of the future. I’m gonna kick your uninformed asses!

3 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kingdom for a pie!

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny you mention trivial pursuit b/c heard on npr recently that active participants in the game find it too "trivial." too much pop culture and such.

read on... http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2125135.html

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger QuarBy said...

bring it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home