Tuesday, January 02, 2007

And hello, hangover

I love the tradition of starting off each new year with a pounding headache and a queasy stomach. It says: “This year has nowhere to go but up.”

The purpose of hangovers is to remind you of all the fun times you had the night before. Or, if you can’t remember them, your friends are there to feed you bagels and coffee and describe all the stupid shit you did while drunkenly ringing in the new year. Or, if your friends also forget, maybe you can watch the video of yourself turning into a dance-Nazi as you performed your jazz/modern happy new year choreography twenty times over in front of a crowd that didn’t really want to see it the first time. Maybe. If that happens to be what occurred.

But alas, New Years is over, as is Christmas and Hanukkah and everything that is fun. I enjoyed my ten days and nights in California, jam-packed with family and friends. One red eye flight later and I’m back to the New York routine… taking the A train to 15th street, writing about constipation on the 14th floor, and admiring the view. How odd that just this morning (or what feels like this morning, since I was awake all night on the plane) I was sitting in Stephanie’s living room and laughing with my SF friends.

And that’s why this post may be a little on the rambling side. Lack of sleep (and vodka-sodas) will do that to a person.

Anyway, to start 2007 off right, here are my resolutions:

1. Do more crossword puzzles.
2. Keep up to date with current events (already changed my homepage to cnn.com).
3. Think longer before speaking – prevent the times I bust out with something that could be hurtful, not realizing until after the fact.
4. Be more humble.
5. Drink more water.

And I think that about covers it. Happy 2007 everyone.

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking before speaking is my resolution too...the same as it was last year. Still working on that one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home