Thursday, April 26, 2007

Zootiful

When I first moved to New York, I made a list of all the touristy things I wanted to do while I’m here. I’m happy to report that with all my recent free time as an unemployed freelancer, I’ve checked off each and every one. Yesterday I enjoyed the medieval artwork, architecture and lovely Hudson views at the Cloisters. The day before, I threw a penny off the Empire States Building (that’s a joke). And today was ZOODAY!

I’d been meaning to go to the Bronx Zoo forever and today I finally made it. It was a zoo – lions, tigers, bears, snakes, alligators – the animals mostly just sit there and look pretty. But then there were the primates. I could’ve watched them groom each other for hours.

Anyone who doesn’t believe in evolution needs to take a trip down to the Bronx Zoo to see the gorilla enclosure. Humans can learn a lot from these majestic cousins of ours. Just look into their eyes. Both wordly and peaceful. Silently intelligent. And the have no qualms about touching themselves in public. Seriously though, check out this shot that I got today. The gorillas were amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home