Friday, April 13, 2007

Family in town

I’m trying not to take too personally the fact that I got blatantly rejected by my little brother yesterday. After all, I too was young once. I can remember what it’s like to be a 14-year-old African-American lad. Anyone over 18 is painfully uncool. And if you’re white and related, well, you may as well play Dungeons and Dragons and wear headgear.

And I’m sure when he texted “I’m hanging wid my friends. Don’t come by,” He meant it with complete love and respect.

I mean, I could understand if I was his parent, or a dorky aunt, but I’m supposed to be the cool older sister. But I’m not bitter. I know he’ll grow out of it… some day. My step-dad emailed me some old family photos recently. I’ve entitled this one “Back when he still thought I was cool."



(Notice that I am wearing my favroite tie-dye dolphin shirt pictured here. And he thought I was cool then??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home