Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Life of leisure

It took me some time to adjust to new routine. This routine of the unemployed. For the first few days I was stricken with a harsh case of post-vacation blues. Then I was bored and a little overwhelmed by the lack of planned activity. But now, I think I’m getting used to it. In fact, I like it. I see these nothing-filled days as valuable practice for when I marry a rich oil tycoon and lounge by our pool all day, reading magazines and eating foie gras. Only now I’m reading blogs and eating gefilte fish (it was on sale at the supermarket).

I find it helps if I make lists of what I need to get accomplished each day. That way I can feel productive as I steadily cross off each goal on my notepad as it’s achieved. It doesn’t matter that my goals sometimes include “brush hair” or “email Roy,” the point is that I’ve completed a task and I can feel good about it. Plus, you’d be surprised how quickly the day passes when you wake up each morning at 11:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home