Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Ideal Woman meets One-legged Wonder

As a internet social experiment, over the weekend I posted the following personal on Craigslist:

Ideal woman
I hate fun, laughter and puppies. My friends would describe me as dull, generally unpleasant, or "a real drag." I'm, at best, clingy, at worst, frighteningly codependent. Sometime I burst into tears for no reason. Oh, almost forgot - I'm fat. Really, really fat. Email me!

Amazingly, I got 30 responses within two hours. Most of them were lame "Clearly you're very sad - I'd love to come over and cheer you up." But a few people got it: "Where have you been all my life? It's like Christmas!" And my personal favorite response:

Depressed
I'm depressed, don't talk much, can't stand music and don't believe in God. Slim but missing one leg due to a lack of movement (spend a lot of time in bed) Not a big fan of the outdoors either. I am retired, used to rob banks before I Iost my leg.

I think it's love.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Eliza said...

That's hysterical. Did you meet the guy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home