Friday, May 04, 2007

Just give me a fucking job already!

I’ve been soooo patient and diligent about this job search. I’ve been emailing my portfolio and resume every day. I’ve been on interview after interview, going into offices multiple times to meet multiple people. (This is especially trying for me as I only have one interview outfit.) Which is why I’m begging, pleading, just give me a fucking job already.

Clearly, I am not one of those people that functions well with too much free time. Also, something that’s been increasingly apparent is that being unemployed pays $0.00/hour. That’s a daily rate of $0.00. And don’t even get me started on what that works out to for an annual salary. Believe me, it ain’t much.

A guess a month to find a job isn’t horrendous in the grand scheme of things, but my previous New York job searches took me two weeks, and then one day, respectively. And those companies hired me on the spot. Have my qualifications changed? Has my work degenerated? No, everything’s the same. So I’m begging of you, oh readers of the world wide web, just give me a fucking job already! Or at least pay me to do nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home