Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I’m very excited about my new non-leaching water bottle.

It’s tricky to try and be health conscience these days when everything keeps turning around to bite you in the ass. I start buying soymilk to cut down on dairy, oops – turns out soy is bad for you. I try to drink 1-2 liters of water a day, refilling a Nalgene bottle to protect the precious environment – turns out that plastic bottles are leaching chemicals that can fuck up my future babies. I eat fruit instead of cookies – turns out that fruit can cause toe fungus and lockjaw. Okay, I made that part up about the fruit. But the water bottle thing is true; I read it on the Internets. And why would the Internets lie to me?

“Nalgene bottles, made of polycarbonate (#7), are closely linked specifically an ingredient called bisphenol-A (BPA), an endocrine disruptor that mimics estrogen. Drinking water or eating food containing leached BPA may cause chromosomal disruption, miscarriages, birth defects, or obesity.”


So what’s the solution to drinking enough water without giving birth to two-headed babies? Metal. Yesterday I went to the sporting goods store and spent $67 on three non-leaching, metal water bottles. And so far, I love them. They keep me hydrated sans chemicals, AND one of them features an adorable penguin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home