Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ottery Audrey

The other night I went on a date of sorts. And it was fun. I had a good time. But it was one of those nights, I’m sure you know them, when you just can’t stop talking about otters.

My internal voice was yelling at me: “Audrey, stop talking about otters!” And yet, there was nothing I could do; the otter talk just kept pouring out. Like the fact that there is more hair on one square inch of otter skin than on the average human head. I had watched a documentary on otters that morning and I guess my mind was preoccupied.

I was trying to play it cool and be entertaining. But as more beer flowed, so did the otter facts. Like that Otters are believed to have been on earth for 30 million years? And they are the only marine mammals to have fur instead of blubber.

Suddenly I realized who I had become. I was the Giraffe Guy. So much for my love life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home