Thursday, April 17, 2008

Diary Thursday: Trip to Israel

For this Diary Thursday, I decided to branch out and pick up one of my Travel Diaries. I grabbed "Summer of 1994," which covers my month-long trip to Israel the summer before senior year of high school. This was a vacation taken by me and my best friend, Carolyn, who was 16 at the time. The pretense was to learn more about our Jewish heritage, though it actually turned into a month-long competition to see who could make out with more Israeli boys.

Most of my posts read something like this: "Bethlehem sucked because Carolyn made out with three boys and I only made out with two. Also we saw a church, I think Jesus was born there or something."

That was me paraphrasing. This is an actual entry:

Friday, July 22nd, 1994, 17-years-old, 10:40 pm

Tonight we walked around Eilat, but there wasn't much to do, so we got some pizza and then waited for guys to pick up on us. I was depressed because all day guys had picked Carolyn and not me. Even the kitten in the hostel preferred her lap. Anyway, this one group of guys finally talked to us. Five of them were ugly but one of them was gorgeous, but Carolyn thought they were gross. They took us to the beach, but they didn't speak much English, so conversation between them and us was pretty scarce. Okay, it was pretty much nonexistent. But here's the good thing – the one gorgeous guy liked ME. Carolyn was bitter and decided then to be a bitch for the rest of the night. She kept complaining about how bored she was. And it actually was really dull, but I wasn't about to let my beautiful, silent man get away. Finally, the gorgeous guy asked, "Can I kiss you?" I said "Sure," and he did. Right there at the table in front of all his friends and Carolyn. I would've stopped him, only he was the best kisser ever. We kissed for like 7 minutes. After that, we didn't really talk, so Carolyn and I went home. Now Carolyn's being a petty bitch. She's doing things like locking me out of the bathroom and hiding my brush. I can't stand it! And I'm sad because I'll never kiss that guy again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home