Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Life's a musical

Because of my mom’s love for musicals, I grew up watching them. I soon developed my own obsession for the colorful song-soaked spectacles. I used to fantasize about living in a magical, musical world. One where people break into song on a moment’s notice. A place where everyone knows not only the words, but four-part harmony and a fully choreographed dance. Imagine what a place that would be, where people had harmonized songs instead of boring business transactions. Dance-offs instead of knife fights.



That’s why this project, by Improv Everywhere, appeals to me so much. You’ve probably seen it before (Cate sent it to me last year) but I was just reminded today of how much I love it. I’m going to try and get my company to put on a musical.



If you’re not familiar with Improv Everywhere, check out their site. They’ve put on some pretty cool stunts around the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home