Thursday, May 29, 2008

Diary Thursday: Last weekend

I owe you a Diary Thursday. I don’t have one. Instead, I’ll write a new diary entry about my camping trip over the weekend.
Monday, May 26, 2008, 31-years-old, 11:30am

The time has come to say goodbye to our little log cabin on the Yuba River. I’m looking around our campsite – everything is wet and soggy, yet our campfire is still smoking, surrounded by empty Bud Light cans, wine bottles and S’more remnants. I’m amazed at how much fun we were able to have in such unfortunately weather. Whiffle ball, beer, hikes, beer, lots of food, sing-alongs, and more beer. Pretty much the perfect weekend.

We're hesitant to say our goodbyes because it will mean returning to the real world without a rushing river next to our make-shift kitchen, without Wes singing us songs around the fire, and without sleazy river guides giving us free massages.

But we soon will, and we'll head off in our various cars. And this weekend will soon be just another fond memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home