Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Beards. They’re growing on me.

My dad has always had a beard (always, since he was born… okay, maybe only since I was born). As a kid, I always wondered how my mom, and then my step-mom, could find all that hair on his face attractive. Then again, I was dating boys with braces and acne.

But I find that the older I get, the more I enjoy facial hair (on other people, that is). It started with just a mustache fetish, but now I find anyone with a beard attractive. It’s sort of a tease because, the beard can always be shaved, and then I may not be into the guy at all.

Don’t they say something about women always ending up dating someone just like their father? Well, my future partner has some pretty tough shoes to fill, since my dad’s an exceptionally intelligent, kind, funny and bearded man. And it’s also his birthday today.

Happy Birthday Dad! I love you.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, daughter.

It turns out I like guys (but, oddly, not women) with beards too. If I'm at a wedding and the the bride or groom's dad has a beard, we end up with more photos of him than the bride.

I love you too, and we REALLY enjoyed the birthday dinner. It was a real treat having you guys order.

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home