Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wuss

Disappointing news: I am not, nor ever will I be hardcore.

I’ll never be a kick-ass snowboarder, surfer or rock-climber; I’m simply too much of a scaredy-cat.

I’m adventurous enough to get into the sport – buy the surf lessons, the lift tickets, and, most recently, the $100-worth of climbing gear. But I’m too wimpy to actually get good at it.

Or like on Saturday, while bouldering at Stinson beach, I'm strong enough to climb up the rock, but I’m too scared to get down. At one point I was ready to just stay on the rock forever. Yes, this is a nice place to live, I thought... beach-front views, I can just move here. And we’re talking like a 10-foot rock here, btw, not even anything worth being scared over. Ultimately, though, I did get down. I just have no interest in ever getting back up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home