Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Burn

Tonight, I leave for Burning Man. I can’t believe how stressed I’ve been about this event that is supposed to be all about escaping the stress of life and letting loose.

I’ve spent the last three weeks running around, spending way too much money on a variety of food, drinks and camping items that I probably won’t even need. I just like to be prepared.

I have this ridiculous thought process every time I travel. “What if I’m out in the desert and I suddenly have a craving for pudding?? Better buy some pudding.” Now, why would I suddenly need pudding? I can’t remember the last time I ate it. But you can’t buy it in the desert so, better take some just in case. I realize I’m being totally irrational. On the other hand, from what I’ve heard, going to the Black Rock Desert is kind of like going to the moon – miles away from everywhere and void of any material comforts I’m used to… like running water. And cable.

But now that I’m down to the final hours before departure. I’ve gone from stressed to excited. I can’t wait to come back and tell you all about it.

1 Comments:

At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean you'll not be at the family picnic Monday? - yes, this message is from Dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home