Friday, August 08, 2008

Faugust

One of my favorite activities in the late days of San Francisco’s summer is to go downtown to Union Square and watch the tourists freeze their asses off in little miniskirts and flipflops.

I mean, did nobody tell them? Did they not read anything that said August is the coldest month in Northern California? Have they not heard the Mark Twain quote (“Coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco”)?

I understand that if there’s sweat running down the back of your legs in New York as I experienced a few weeks ago, it’s hard to envision a place where this is not the case. But welcome to sunny Northern Cali, folks. It’s foggy here. In August. I call it Faugust.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Thaddeus Gunn said...

I hear ya about the cold. We've been freezing our potatoes off in Seattle practically all summer - yet the tourists persist with the flip-flops. WEIRD.

I'm wandering around checking out the blogs of other other copywriters like myself. I wanted to find out what copywriters write when they're not writing copy.

For the sake of introduction, here's my professional life in a nutshell: 20 years in copywriting; currently Senior Copywriter for MRM Worldwide (McCann-Erickson), Seattle. Private life: I write. I hike. I blog: www.deargregory.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home