Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grandmotherly Advice

I got a voicemail from my dad asking me to give my grandmother a call. It sounded urgent, so I tried calling her as soon as I got off the plane. There was no answer and it was getting too late to call, so I waited to call again until the next morning. I got her voicemail.

Grandma can’t call me because her fingers don’t work like they used to. At 95, her body is finally starting to catch up with her age.

I tried again the next day, starting to get concerned. This time she answered.

“Hi Grandma, it’s Audrey. I’m in New York, but Dad said you needed to talk to me.”

“Audrey, I’m so glad you called. I was thinking about what you said about not wanted to go on J-date, and I think you should reconsider. I was talking to my friend Vera, and she knows a woman whose daughter just married a man she met on J-date….”

This is why my grandma HAD to talk to me immediately! This happened the same day as the neck injury and the comment from the man on 2nd Street. I told grandma not to worry, that I was getting plenty of attention from random men on the street.

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johanna's daughter Maya married her first J-date contact, Elijah. You would be wise to listen to your grandmother and meet a nice boy. Elijah is a doctor. You should marry a doctor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home