Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Blended or on the rocks?

I have a newfound respect for bartenders. It is hard work being on your feet all day and serving thirsty patrons. I know, because I worked the bar at the Fillmore Jazz Festival all weekend with Molly and some of our friends. In case you have not heard of this particular festival, it is the largest free jazz festival on the west coast.

To add to the confusion of nonstop margaritas, beer, wine, and sodas, we had the cacophony of local jazz bands riffing in the background. I can handle blending margarita after margarita. And I can handle some wild jazz improve. But combine the two, phew… it was a long day. Fun though. And totally worth all the cash I got in tips.

Molly & Deidre working the crowd.


The blenders get a break during a lull.


Molly's so good she can make margs with her eyes closed.

1 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger QuarBy said...

so mad i wasn't there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home