Monday, June 23, 2008

Don't count your chickens before they hatch

Molly and I were playing a fun game all weekend… it’s called Inappropriate Cliché. The way you play is by listening to someone’s whole story, and then responding with a cliché that has nothing to do with what they just said.

“I had such a good time in Alaska; I caught this 15 pound trout that we ate that night. I couldn’t believe it.”

“Yeah well, can’t judge a book by its cover.”

The problem is that, being clichés, many actually work without even meaning to.

“Thanks for having me over for dinner. That barbecue was delicious, Brian’s a great cook.”

“His bark is worse than his bite.”

Then you sit back and watch the person look confused, thinking you’re an idiot. It’s a fun game. And beggars can’t be choosers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home