Friday, July 18, 2008

Rehoboth Beach

Today is the last day of my vacation in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. My family has been coming here my whole life. It’s a cute little town, with features such as a beach boardwalk, games, rides and bacon ice cream. But at 31, with no kids, I didn’t think there would be much here for me to do, and to be honest, I wasn’t really looking forward to the trip.

I had forgotten how great this place is.

The last five days have been blissfully spent relaxing on the sand, playing in the water, and spending time with my family and family friends. My teenage brother, who rarely speaks to the rest of us at home, has been engaging in multiple games of Monopoly, going on bike rides with me and following me around the boardwalk. My sister and I have been laughing in the water as we attempt to body surf in the Atlantic’s tiny waves. My mom, who is not a big outdoorsy person at home, has been walking down the boardwalk with me to sit outside and eat crepes from the little café on Penny Lane.

It’s been a pretty heavenly trip and I’m sad for it to end.

Maybe I can take some bacon ice cream home with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home