Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lest ye be judged

I never really used to get into the Olympics, but for some reason I’ve been watching them every night for the last couple of weeks. I enjoy it, not because I like watching the athletics, but because I like feeling like I can judge others. Not that my judging has any bearing, quite the opposite. I often disagree with the judges, which is comical, seeing as I know nothing about the balance, nor the uneven bars, nor the rings, nor any other piece of equipment I couldn’t even hope to get myself up on without breaking my neck.

Still, my roommate, Molly, and I have found ourselves sitting on the couch well into the night having conversations like, “Did you see that dismount? Clearly a point deduction.” And “She wavered over the line of balance in that last spin – that’s a tenth of a point right there.” It’s good we’re not the official judges because I would deduct points for the over use of sparkles and or scrunchies.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Olympics were fun to watch.
All the athletes tried really hard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home