Friday, December 12, 2008

USPS

I sit in an office with two other women (Cathy and Kat) and one guy. Paul, the lone male, has to suffer through lots of ladies locker room talk. Everything from discussing (in detail) the birth of Cathy’s daughter, to making vagina jokes, to me accidentally dropping a thong under Paul's desk on the way to change into my gym clothes in the bathroom (that really happened, and it was really an accident).

An event this afternoon led to a good girl giggle. Kat, who is German and, though she speaks English fluently, occasionally makes an adorable mistake, came up the stairs and said: “Paul, you’ve got a huge package.”

She meant, of course, that a box had arrived for him downstairs. But that's not what it sounded like.

Paul paused a moment and then said, “Thanks, Kat.”

And I then I busted out laughing. Cathy soon followed, and everyone (even Paul) was cracking up. Definitely a welcomed break from the crazy busy stressed out atmosphere that the creative department has housed the past week (leaving me too busy to blog).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home