Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Looking back too soon

T-minus two weeks until my adventure down under. T-minus 12 days until my thirtieth birthday.

I’m already getting nostalgic for all the things I’m leaving behind... New York, my neighborhood, my house, my friends, my job, my 20’s. Granted, New York, my neighborhood, my house and my friends will all be here when I return five weeks later. My job is questionable. My 20’s, pretty sure those aren’t ever coming back. Oh, the things I shall miss...

Then again, this is the girl who gets nostalgic over a subway station. Oh, A/C train 14th street subway stop... with your steel drum player - forever pinging out a botched rendition of “When the Saints Come Marching In,” your homeless man that smells like urine taking up three seats on the bench, your 14th street rats, always so clever to dodge that electric third-rail... how I shall long for thee while I’m away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home