Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Crater Lake

I apologize for my lack of blogging. And my lack of general contact. I’ve spent the last 24 hours in Crater Lake, a beautiful national park...



that has absolutely no cell phone or wifi reception. I know, what kind of city girl am I? We even went so far as to ask the front desk of the rustic lodge in which we were staying if they had a “business center” with email access. Quite a question for an institution that doesn’t even have TVs or phones in the rooms.

But I think this escape time was good for me and Stephanie. We hiked around the lake. We read our books by the fire. We played Scrabble. We eaves dropped on other travelers’ lives. We were in bed by 9:30pm. We woke up refreshed the next morning, ready to rejoin society in Portland, and check all our voicemail messages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home