Friday, July 14, 2006

Going with the flow

As he was constructing my tuna salad sandwich, the man behind the deli counter told me, "You're so easy going. I like that."

I guess you don't see too much of that laid back attitude around these parts. Like the saying goes, you can take a girl out of California, but... you know the rest. I hope that saying proves true in my case. I like being laid back. Why get your panties in a bunch unnecessarily?

But I can see how living New York makes people uptight. Especially when people are in your god damn way all the fucking time. I mean, keep it moving people! There are too many people walking around Manhattan for you to just stop in the middle of the sidewalk and start digging in your purse, lady. And you, family of Midwest tourists, I don't care if you don't know which way to go. You're in the middle of a subway exit, just pick a direction and stick with it. Check the map later. I have places to be, JEEZ!

So yeah, I can get sucked into the madness as well. It's like roadrage, only you're not in a car, so it's much easier to just reach out and smack people. I find it very effective. Especially on the subway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home