Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Home.

I’m back in San Francisco for a week. Enveloped in the cool grey fog I call home, I feel as if I never left. Except that I did leave. And my “home” is now a brownstone on Dean Street in Brooklyn. How trippy is that?

It’s a very strange feeling, visiting a home that’s no longer your home. Things are so comfortable here, and yet, I can’t help but compare it to where I live now. It’s much warmer in New York. The cupcakes taste better in New York. I don’t have to wait for traffic lights in New York.

But, New York isn’t home.

It’s really kind of messing with my head. This is why people should never move. I can see why people grow up in one city and just stay there. It’s so much easier when you don’t know what you’re missing.

4 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT? didn't you live in LA for a few years too?

 
At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you only lived in SF for 2 years!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Audacious said...

Yeah, I felt the same way when I came back to visit from LA. And by San Francisco, I mean the whole Bay Area where I lived for over 20 years.

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel ya. I can't believe I actually live here now. Like--its too easy or something to just up and change your life. Not that its been easy. Its actually been a huge pain in the ass. But it reminds you that you CAN just up and change your life. weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home