Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sunset Cruise

I recently took my 100 ft. schooner out for a sail around the harbor. Okay, it wasn’t my schooner, it was the Pioneer, originally built in Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania in 1885 to carry sand mined near the mouth of the Delaware Bay to an iron foundry in Chester, Pennsylvania. But now instead of sand, it carries Italian tourists and recent California transplants. It was a beautiful sunset cruise. We brought champagne and cookies. Here are some pics:

First we had to raise the sails (heavy sails)



As we sailed futher from the bustle of the city, we got a great glimpse of Southern Manhattan, which I can describe in six words: not as pretty as San Francisco.



But as the sun went down and we approached the Statue of Liberty, I decided that just maybe, New York has some beauty of it's own.



Until the statue said something to piss Aram off, and he had to crush her. She's so insolent, that Lady Liberty, with her glowstick of freedom or whatever.



Lastly, here's me and Claire, looking extremely unpirate-like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home