Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dog Molesters

A guy came up to me and Cate on our bike ride Friday night.

Guy: Do you guys have a dog?

Us: No.

Guy: Oh, I thought I saw you in the dog park earlier.

Cate: Oh yeah, that was us.

Audrey: We just go to there to play with other people’s dogs.

Cate: We really want a dog.

Audrey: We can’t have one in our apartment.

At that, the guy sort of looked disinterested and rode away.

Cate: You know what we sound like?

Audrey: Sketchy child molesters who hang out in playgrounds even though they don’t have any kids?

Cate: No, a lesbian couple. I think he thought we were together – ‘we want to get a dog, we can’t have one in our apartment.’

Audrey: Ha ha! You’re totally right. Oh well, he wasn’t that cute anyhow.

Cate: True, but he has a dog.

Audrey: Good point.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Audrey says a guy came up to us on our bike (singular) she means the tandum bicycle we ride all over Brooklyn on the regular, not my bicycle with the child seat for Audrey which we only take out on special occasions.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Audacious said...

It says "our bike RIDE," you dork. But I do enjoy riding in that child seat.

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Audrey, this is my first ever viewing of what your people call a "blog" I think we should talk about all this freetime you have for "blogging" before you go quiting a stable and yes, routine job. Let's look into why your "blogging" in your "blog" and not going outside with the rest of us. Adam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home