Friday, August 11, 2006

Cheating

I recall a Sex and the City episode in which Carrie refers to New York as her "boyfriend." The lights, the skyscrapers, the crowds, they comfort her. They make her happy. Who needs a guy when she has the City?

That's how I feel about San Francisco. San Francisco is my life partner. We are in love, San Fran and I. When I'm sad, I can stroll the steep streets of the City by the Bay, gaze lovingly at those unparalleled views and I feel better. I'll always return to San Francisco.

Then what does that make New York? New York is my wild, urban lover on the side. Sometimes loud, sometimes peaceful. All at once rude and charming. Brash and romantic. Sultry hot or ice cold. New York is my sordid little affair. Always unpredictable, always exciting and always going all night long.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said auds!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home