Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Safely Captured

I’ve had requests for pictures of the African 80’s dancing. But I can do better than that, here’s the video. Though grainy, dark and hard to see, I think the cause of future embarrassment fully comes across. Here are the series of events leading up to this horrific display, which took us not one, not two, but THREE tries to perfect:

1. Cate and Audrey attend an African Dance Class (see previous post)

2. Cate and Audrey attend an 80's party (see side ponytails)

3. Cate and Audrey imbibe enough vodka to convince them that performing their African Dance routine in public at the party would be a fabulous idea.

4. Michael's there to film it (thanks, Mike, for your excellent camera work – video’s of YOU coming soon!)



The “camera story” to which Gary T. refers in his comment is something that occurred after the dancing. Once all the videos were successfully immortalized in my digital memory card, I put my camera down for safe keeping… in somebody else’s bag. Call it drunken logic, I couldn’t find my own bag, it seemed like the next best option.

Actually, I was under the impression that the bag in question belonged to one of my friends. It didn’t. I realized this an hour later when I went to get my camera and the bag was gone! After searching frantically and insisting that the host of the party question all his guests, I went home at 2am – cameraless and depressed.

At 2:30am I got a call, someone had the camera. They had been at the 80’s party and discovered my digital camera in their bag when they arrived home. (That’s strange, I wonder how it could have gotten there). They knew it was mine because they recognized the dorky white girls doing African dance in the videos. The problem is, they lived near Union Square, in Manhattan.

So I did what any devoted camera-lover would do. I hopped in a cab and I rode to Union Square and back to rescue my precious Cannon Powershot 450. I think the cab driver thought I was buying drugs; why else would I be "just running inside for a sec to pick something up" at 3am! 40 minutes and $32 later, my camera was safe and sound in my home. Thank god, because what would this world come to if I could not post my African Dance video on youtube for all to see?

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger QuarBy said...

daaang! you guys can really move!!!
I'm "blazed".

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the dancing + grainy video make it look like it was filmed in the '80s. get me back to the future!

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Snakes on a Plane of home video -- so awesome, so awesome!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home