Friday, December 15, 2006

Donning gay apparel

Last year around this time, my San Francisco super pals threw a Tacky Holiday Sweater Party. It turned out to be one of the most fun nights I can remember. Every last person showed up decked out in the cheesiest, most festively horrific woolly wonders. Sweaters that glittered and shined, sweaters with 3-D baubles protruding proudly, sweaters that sang Jingle Bells. It was nothing but pure joy.

This weekend, I'm attempting to continue the tradition in New York City. Already I've gotten emails from friends: "Do I have to wear a sweater?" "Do you have one I can borrow?" “Does not wearing a sweater count as wearing a sweater?”

I know you're cool and all because you live in the city that never sleeps, but get with the program, people! If you can’t take the simple steps to find, purchase and then drape a hideously ugly piece of fabric over your chest, well then you just don’t understand the meaning of Christmas. I know I’m not the religious type, but I can assure you that your drab black and grey attire upsets Baby Jesus.

So this Saturday night is a test. Can New York match San Francisco in pure dork-out, don’t-care, anything-to-have-a-good-time-with-my-friends-iness. OR are New Yorkers just too cool for a little crazy cashmere?

Results and pictures to follow next week.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a sf picture from last year, a hint for new yorkers this year.

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.keithvanrappin/Misc/photo#5008914770390026642

 

Post a Comment

<< Home