Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Speechless

During my five-day stay in Sydney, I found adventure. I found new friends. I found fun and excitement. But I lost one thing, my voice. I'm waiting for it to reach that sultry, phone-sex rasp. But for now, I sound like a pubescent Peter Brady.

Where did I leave it? I'm not sure. It could be off swimming with the jellyfish at one of Sydney's beautiful beaches.



It could have run off downtown to join the Sydney Opera .



But most likely I lost it shouting over the pounding techno for 7 hours at Australia's biggest party: Gay Mardis Gras. And what a party it was, complete with a parade and an all-night rave.



Yes, I know, I'm too old to be partying like that anymore. But hey, I'm on vacation. It was quite an experience. Totally worth the temporary loss of my vocal chords.

And hey, I can still share a laugh with the satyrs in the Sydney botanical garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home