Friday, February 23, 2007

Diary Friday - in need of fairy dust

Sorry I’ve been slow on the posts. I’m no longer sitting in an office all day, but out enjoying Brooklyn with visiting guests. It might be time to get used to a lack of daily posts for a while, since I can’t promise to hunt down an Internet café every day I’m in Australia and New Zealand. I will, however, try to blog as often as possible to keep you all updated on the trip.

But before my trip (which starts on Tuesday), I must turn 30 (which starts on Sunday). As I’ve been discussing, I have mixed feelings about getting older. On the whole, I am happy. I like where I am in life (on my couch in Brooklyn watching VH1, presently). But I’ve always had a slight aversion to aging. Haven’t we all? There’s not been a Diary Thursday in a long time, so I decided to post one today. Even though it’s Friday.

Saturday, June 27, 1989, 12 years old

Big news – I graduated from 6th grade. I’ll be sad to not be going to Prospect anymore, but excited to go to Martin Luther King Junior Junior High next year. The thing is, I feel like I’m growing up too fast. It seems like soon I’ll be going to college and then I’ll be a grown-up and then I’ll die. I know I’m only 12, and I probably have at least 60 more years left of my life. But I’m already in Junior High! I wish I could go to Never Never Land and stay a kid forever.

Never Never Land. It’s funny how things change – I used to want to be one of the Lost Kids. Now I want to be a Pirate.

1 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger jojoband said...

A) It's actually Martin Luther King Jr. Jr. High.

B) You might like: loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/49/How+to+Talk+like+a+Pirate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home