Monday, May 07, 2007

5 boroughs in 4 hours

Yesterday morning, I completed the 42-mile NYC Five Borough Bike Tour. “Tour” being the operative word. It was not a “race.” It was not even a “ride” some of the time. Seeing there were 35,000 people trying to bike through New York’s narrow streets, it was often a Five Boro get-off-and-walk-your bike tour.





However, it was still a ton of fun. And now that I’ve spent time in all five boroughs, I can say confidently that Brooklyn is the very best one.

For those of you that don’t know New York City and need a review of the boroughs, please examine the subway map slash male reproductive system below. Manhattan may be the shaft, but Brooklyn is the balls. And once again, at least I don’t live in semen island.

5 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed Brooklyn is the balls... smelly and swampy.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Jules said...

In hour two of waiting for the Semen Island Ferry they announced there were actually 42,000 riders. Maybe that's why they were COMPLETLEY UNPREPARED for the fact that many riders expected to get off the island.
UGH.

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how i love me some brooklyn...:)!!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Audrey neglected to mention how much more fun all that getting-off-your-bike-and-walking was because *I* was with her the whole time. Well except for the part where I kept riding while she got trampled by tourists on the Brooklyn bridge. And Julie, Audrey got you and Agnes some consolation dog food (not cat food) and carried it all the way home from Semen Island.

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No idea if you still read your blog but I would not mind receiving hints on what to do and Not to do for that race that my friend will be doing in May 2008.
I am sure it is impossible to drive in and find parking for instance...let me know if you ahve a few pieces of advice,

Thanks! Lis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home