Friday, June 01, 2007

Mr. November

It's amazing to me how six awkward white guys can be thrown up on stage together to create such a graceful and moving show. I guess it's due to their remarkable musical talent and their years of practice. The six guys I refer to are The National, a popular indie band that sold out five shows this week at the Bowery Ballroom. Through a remarkable twist of fate (thanks Gordon) I was able to attend the show last night.

I spent the entire two-hour set staring in awe at Matt, the lead singer. He's so nervous and jerky and weird, and yet so damn cute. At one point, he actually climbed down into the audience and sang for a good five minutes right next to where I stood in the front row. It was, perhaps, the best five minutes ever.

I took a number of movies on my phone last night, but they all turned out like crap. So instead, I'm borrowing one from you tube. This is actually from the show on Monday night, but the angle is about the same from where I was standing.

1 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger stephanie said...

they are my faves. that's so rad that you got to see them again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home