Monday, May 28, 2007

The Poconos

Just got back from a lovely weekend at Lake Wallenpaupack in the Poconos. I’d heard of the Poconos before, I always pictured them as tropical and islandy. Maybe because of all the vowels, they sounds Hawaiian. Turns out they’re in Pennsylvania. And they’re more wooded than tropical, but still beautiful.

My long weekend mostly involved lounging, drinking beer and cruising around the lake on the patio boat. I cannot believe that I had never been on this beautiful thing called a “Patio boat” before. Talk about a brilliant concept. It’s a boat with nothing but couches, a table, multiple drink holders and a sound system. Basically, it’s a boat MADE for lounging, drinking and partying. I want one.

Here are some other fun things about Lake Wallenpaupauk:

The local bar



The local industry



The local vacationers

The girls...


The boys...


The feet...


Thanks to Mike and Elise for being so hospitable and gracious and showing me such a fun weekend at their family’s lakehouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home