Thursday, May 17, 2007

A deep goodbye to shallow friends

Last night, I said goodbye to seven people I had grown very close to.

As we shed our tears, I thought about the times we’d shared over the last three months. The time I spent laughing with them and laughing at them. The joy I felt at their accomplishments and the even greater joy I felt at their failures. I thought about how the reproach, disgust and shock with which I observed their behavior had, over time, blended into a vague feeling of love. Or at least, warmth, towards them, with no inklings of respect.

And now that we’ve sad our fond farewells, I’m still left with the desire to physically harm more than a few of them. Especially Brooke. She sucks. If only there wasn’t the thin glass of the television screen separating my hand from her overly painted face.

So, it’s with great sadness that I bid adieu to Real World Denver. Farewell, my dysfunctional friends. I’ll see you again soon on various MTV Challenges and reunion specials.

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home