Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Doggie Drama

Maggie is the perfect dog in many, many ways. But there is one way that she is not – she can be a bit aggressive when it comes to other dogs, especially dogs that are bigger than she is. I know, not too bright. So this morning, when we walked into the office to find a pitbull, things did not go smoothly. They are both sweet dogs on their own, but together, not so good.

I recall being told to never get between two fighting dogs, but what was I supposed to do, let them kill each other? I dove in. It was a dramatic scene - snarling, and biting, and blood. My blood. Everywhere. We got the dogs off each other, but my hand got caught in the pitbull’s teeth, which resulted in a couple nasty gashes. The dogs, of course, were both totally fine.

After much drama and a quick trip to the emergency room, I think I’ll live. I’m fine actually. It’s just annoying because, (a) I have to keep my left hand inactive and above my heart. (b) I have to take antibiotics for the next week (apparently dog bites are prone to infection) and (c) no climbing! For probably at least a couple weeks until my hand heals. Such a bummer.

But, what can I say, I still love dogs and I still love Maggie. But she is never being let off the leash, even inside, ever again.

1 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Well now I'm glad Maggie and Ben never met. That probably wouldn't have gone over so well.

Get well soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home