Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Deal breaker

My friend told me a story recently about how she was about to hook up with a guy. A guy she’s known for a while and hooked up with before. But this time, for some reason, they got to talking about politics. She found out he was an avid McCain/Palin supporter. They argued about it for a while. The result: he’s still trying to get McCain in the white house (hopefully unsuccessfully) and he’s still trying to get in my friend’s pants (definitely unsuccessfully).

I’m sorry, but that’s a deal breaker.

I’d been brainstorming with some friends about what some other deal breakers might be.

Say you meet a cute boy in a bar, you’re about to give him your number when he says “Hang on, let me get a pen out of my patchwork, floor-length fur coat.”

Another deal breaker.

Or how about, “Nice to meet you. I’ll come by tomorrow on my unicycle.”

Deal. Breaker.

It happened on Sunday. I was enjoying the Hardly Strictly Blue Grass Festival and talking to a cute guy next to me. We were hanging out, having a good time. When the band ended, he got up to go.

“Which stage are you headed to now?” I asked him.

“Oh, we’re gonna go slackline.”

“Sorry?”

“Ya know, put up a loose rope between two trees. And walk on it. You should come by.”

“Um. No thanks.”

Yep, another deal breaker.

3 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!! i love this. not too many deal breakers, but a mccain/palin vote def gets yo ass no booty!!!

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't it be hot, though? In like a punitive way?

"Take that, you fascist."

Or, like, as persuasion?

"Well I only know one way to change your mind."

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Eliza said...

You know, the coolest rock climbers do slack line. You may have to change your stance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home