Monday, August 06, 2007

Summer Home

This weekend I managed to escape the oppressive heat that New York City has become to enjoy a leisurely weekend in the burbs of Long Island. It was complete with a friend-filled barbecue, fun-filled drinking games (which every respectable 30-year-old should be sure to play often) and best of all, the second annual day in Southampton.

As we strolled down the ridiculously gorgeous beach to admire the habitat East Coast Wealth, I contemplated which house I would purchase when I saved up my first five million. The options are vast and varied as the ocean they overlook.

Would I choose to spend my summers in a lovely Spanish hacienda by the sea?



Or perhaps I would prefer the comforts of a Transylvanian castle in the dunes.



Or there’s the option of shoving three barns together, adding some custom windows and calling it home.



Then we came upon a beachfront property that looked much closer to my current price range – one bedroom, natural setting, only steps from the sand. In fact, it was on the sand.



It's not a bad option to consider. It's all about location, right? And all of these summer homes had the most important feature in common: the view.



You’re all welcome to join me next year at my home in the Hamptons. Be sure to bring a sleeping bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home